Find out more about what your child will learn at our school.
The NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) is responsible for the curriculum, Kindergarten to Year 12, for all NSW schools.
For the high school years, NESA develops syllabuses for all subjects in 8 key learning areas:
- creative arts
- human society and its environment (HSIE)
- personal development, health and physical education (PDHPE)
- technological and applied studies (TAS).
NSW schools also offer special religious education and special education in ethics via approved providers, where available.
Like all NSW schools, we have developed teaching and learning programs to suit our local context and the needs of our students.
To learn more about the curriculum in NSW, visit:
- NSW Department of Education – key learning areas
- NESA’s Parent Guide – Schooling in NSW which provides information about learning stages, key learning areas and syllabuses
- NSW Department of Education policy – Curriculum planning and programming, assessing and reporting to parents K–12.
Stages of learning
There are 6 stages of learning from Kindergarten to Year 12. High school covers Stages 4 to 6.
- Stage 4 includes Years 7 and 8.
- Stage 5 includes Years 9 and 10.
- Stage 6 includes Years 11 and 12.
Moorefield Girls High School encourages our students to participate in enrichment activities such as:
UNSW ICAS Competitions
At Moorefield Girls High School students can participate in the writing, mathematics and science competitions. Our students perform at credit and distinction level in these competitions.
Our students participate in the Australian Schools Competitions in mathematics, science and geography.
Moorefield Girls High School hosted the cluster final of Number Crunchers and has student representation at regional level.